PhpMyAdmin not working on localhost
Xampp version:1.7.7 (installed it on external hard drive), operating system: Windows 8, installed version 4.1.7 of phpMyAdmin and copied config.inc.php from my old version of phpmyadmin to the new phpmyadmin version (4.1.7)
When I type localhost/phpMyAdmin I get the error message:
Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster. Error 404 localhost 02/13/14 17:16:55 Apache/2.2.21 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/1.0.0e PHP/5.3.8
So I had a look in the xampp localhost welcome page http://pngwebdesign.co.uk/forum/localhost.jpg and in the security link PhpMyAdmin: Could not find the '
config.inc.php' comes up, how can this be recified
Looked in my local phpmyadmin folder and the
config.inc.php file is there so I really don't understand why I can't log into localhost/phpMyAdmin
Any help appreciated
did you try 'localhost/phpmyadmin' ? (notice the lowercase)
PHPMyAdmin tends to have inconsistent directory names across its versions/distributions.
Edit: Confirm the URL by checking the name of the root folder!
If the config was the primary issue (and it may still be nthary) you would get a php error, not a http "Object not found" error,
As for the config error, here are some steps to correct it:
Once you have confirmed which case your PHPMyAdmin is in, confirm that your config.inc.php is located in its root directory.
If it is, rename it to something else as a backup. Then copy the config.sample.inc.php (in the same directory) and rename it to config.inc.php
Check if it works.
If its does, then open up both the new config.inc.php (that works) and the backup you took earlier of your old one. Compare them and copy/replace the important parts that you want to carry over, the file (in its default state) isn't that long and it should be relatively easy to do so.
N.B. If the reason that you want your old config is because of security setup that you once had, I would definitely suggest still using the security wizard built into XAMPP so that you can be assured that you have the right configuration for the right version. There is no guarantee that different XAMPP/PHPMyAdmin versions implement security/anything in the same way.
XAMPP Security Wizard
PhpMyAdmin not working on localhost, “We are almost done to fix localhost/phpmyadmin” Step 6: Again go to config and select “Apache (httpd-sss. conf)“. Step 8: Find “” and replace this with “” and again save it. Step 9: Go to config and select “service & ports settings” and change the port to 8080 and 4433 and save it. localhost/phpmyadmin Not Working – Problem Solved First of all go to apache config. Now go to select Apache “httpd.conf” so now you can see that a notepad file will be opened”. Find the word “Listen” using ctrl + F button or go to Edit then select find. Replace “Listen 80” to “Listen 8080“. Again
All I had to do was load
localhost:80/phpmyadmin and then the browser figured it out. After that,
phpMyAdmin in Xampp not working, The requested URL /phpmyadmin/ was not found on this server. Apache/2.2.17 ( Ubuntu) Server at localhost Port 80. phpmyadmin � share. Restart apache2 (sudo service apache2 restart) and then open the link localhost/phpmyadmin in a browser. share | improve this answer | follow | edited Feb 24 '17 at 16:20
when I started xampp on my windows 10 there were many options available, unfortunately every one of them failed. I ll list them so that you don't go through all of them again.
THINGS THAT DIDN'T WORK
1) i installed xampp initially in a different drive and not c because of UAC issues so i uninstalled Xampp and installed it again in c (didn't work) 2) while reinstalling i deactivated the antivirus as setup said that some installing might not end up properly(realized it doesn't matter :) lmao) 3) i tried to change ports several times of xampp from 80 to some different number like 8080 etc. still nothing happened 4) i then tried using firefox as it is believed that internet explorer or internet edge is not a good browser for xampp 5) after that i went to config file i.e config.inc inside phpmyadmin folder and did some crap as were given in the instructions. Failure it was 6) then i closed laptop and went to sleep(XD srry leave this point) 7) then i tried searching for windows web services in the services.msc to disable it. i couldn't find it
On eighth time i got success.This is what i did 8)In control panel, where you have actions , modules PIDs, Ports you will see Services under which you will see gray boxes which are actually checkboxes but are empty initially. i checked it so that xampp services start and apache services start. now you will see them ticked. After that just change the port of xampp and apache to 80.
I hope it helps. cheers ;)
phpmyadmin is not working after I installed it, In this video I will show you How to solve the problem with can't connect to localhost Duration: 3:09 Posted: Apr 26, 2016 Actually, if he's trying to keep it locked down so that it can only be accessed from the system it's installed on, then there's nothing wrong with his Apache configuration. phpMyAdmin will work perfectly fine using localhost alone (OP never specified whether or not web server was on his desktop system or a separate system since "server" can refer both to a program that serves up data as well as the system on which it such programs run).
Found a fix. (If you are using proxy on your network) //Windows 1. Open control panel 2. Network and internet 3. Network and sharing center 4. On the bottom left side of the window, you will see Internet Options, under connections tab, click LAN settings check the bypass
How to solve problem with can't connect to localhost/phpmyadmin , Hello Friends, Today in this video I will show How to solve localhost/phpmyadmin connection Duration: 9:37 Posted: Oct 15, 2016 I had to un-install my previous installation of MySQL server and then re-install wamp to make it work. Now the wamp server works fine but Im getting an access denied at phpMyAdmin. I thinks thats a totally different issue. – Urban Apr 10 '12 at 21:27
Try starting MySQL and Apache in Xampp. Verify Port Number assigned to Apache (By default it should be 80). Now load
localhost/phpmyadmin. It solved my problem.
How to solve localhost/phpmyadmin connection problem with , How To Fix Phpmyadmin Not found 404 Error when trying to access localhost on local host Duration: 1:31 Posted: Nov 29, 2016 If you are unable to access phpMyAdmin, verify that the SSH tunnel was created by checking the PuTTY event log (accessible via the “Event Log” menu): Access phpMyAdmin on Linux and MacOS. To access the application using your Web browser, create an SSH tunnel, as described below.
How To Fix Phpmyadmin Not found 404 Error when trying to access , I thought localhost was a Windows thing. I will give localhost a try when I get home. However, should there be a phpmyadmin file in my www folder? Currently there� phpMyAdmin is a free software tool written in PHP, intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the Web. phpMyAdmin supports a wide range of operations on MySQL and MariaDB. Frequently used operations (managing databases, tables, columns, relations, indexes, users, permissions, etc) can be performed via the user interface, while you
Phpmyadmin is 404 file not found - Server Config, Xampp version:1.7.7 (installed it on external hard drive), operating system: Windows 8, installed version 4.1.7 of phpMyAdmin and copied config.inc.php from my� What is PhpMyAdmin and how to use ? PhpMyAdmin is a web database management software written by php script. Phpmyadmin also be used in database management and maintenance tasks as well as a powerful SQL queryer.
PhpMyAdmin not working on localhost - phpmyadmin - android, I don't see your desktop ip there, only localhost. Replace 127.0.0.1 with your ip and restart apache. Reply. phpMyAdmin is a free software tool written in PHP, intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the Web. phpMyAdmin supports a wide range of operations on MySQL and MariaDB. Frequently used operations (managing databases, tables, columns, relations, indexes, users, permissions, etc) can be performed via the user interface, while you
- Use lowercase 'phpmyadmin' in the url. If not resolved, check whether mysql service is started in your machine. Run services.msc from 'Run Command' and check mysql service.
- also make sure, that not only your sql BUT ALSO your apache server is runnnig!
- tried phpmyadmin in lowercase, still getting object not found also followed the instructions above, still getting object not found, apache and mysql works. stumped!!
- fixed the problem, had the version number on the root folder
- That's a new one, I will have to look out for that.
- Good stuff, this worked for me. Odd thing is that the folder on the file system has some caps in it.
- Oh god, thank you so much! This is ridiculous lol. I've been using xampp with 7.3 php. Tried to install the 7.1 and cant access the phpmyadmin therefore.
- Thanks! This saved my time, I think the accepted answer should add this step as well.
- had the same problem, i just had to start apache as well. thank you
- @Leajian, your comment should be an answer, because that what my solution xD