Can't log in to Magento Admin
I'm having troubles logging into Magento's admin panel on one of our staging sites (it works 100% on our webdev servers and was working just fine not too long ago on the staging server as well).
I've done some research, and most people suggest that it's got to do with running Magento on a localhost and browsers not saving cookies for domains with no dots in the domain name. The problem with that, however is that we're running it from http://staging.sitename... etc.
Another few things that were suggested are where someone changed the default name for accessing the admin in the config, but we haven't changed it.
Does anyone have any ideas that might help?
Thanks for taking the time to help me out!
Kind Regards, Rémy
I managed to fix it! I found this solution here: http://blog.chapagain.com.np/magento-admin-login-problem/.
I wanted to know why that fixed it though and var_dumped the items I commented out and realized that the cookie domain was being set to just '/' and we have magento set up under '/shop/'. So I went to the configuration section (having managed to log in after commenting out the 3 lines mentioned in the article), changed the Cookie Domain and Cookie Path to be blank and saved. I then uncommented those lines and tried again and all's working well!
Can, Can was the leading avant-garde rock group of the 70s. Can experimented with noise, synthesizers, non-traditional music, cut-and-paste techniques, and, most� Can definition, to be able to; have the ability, power, or skill to: She can solve the problem easily, I'm sure. See more.
In new Magento Installation, do the following ->
Open the file
and change the code at line 87 to this ->
$cookieParams = array( 'lifetime' => $cookie->getLifetime(), 'path' => $cookie->getPath(), // 'domain' => $cookie->getConfigDomain(), // 'secure' => $cookie->isSecure(), // 'httponly' => $cookie->getHttponly() );
The Official CAN / Spoon Records Website, Can may refer to: Contents. 1 Containers; 2 Music; 3 Other; 4 See also. Containers. Aluminum can � Drink can � Oil can � Steel and tin cans � Trash can� Define can. can synonyms, can pronunciation, can translation, English dictionary definition of can. to be able to, have the power or skill to: I can take a bus to the
I have also encountered this issue. This is what I did : In core_config_data, delete any rows where path = web/cookie/cookie_domain
Can, 1.4Used to indicate that something is typically the case. 'antique clocks can seem out of place in modern homes'. More example sentences. can definition: 1. to be able to: 2. used to say that you can and will do something: 3. to be allowed to: . Learn more.
Just clear cookies and cache in web browser. It works for me perfectly.
Can (band), can noun [C] (CONTAINER) � can verb [T] (CONTAIN) � can modal verb (ABLE) � can modal verb (PERMIT) � can modal verb (BE POSSIBLE) � can� 110 synonyms of can from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 97 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Find another word for can. Can: to bring (as an action or operation) to an immediate end.
Having the specific error would help. A couple shots in the dark -
It's worth checking your rewrites. I've had issues moving from server to server where one of them doesn't have the rewrite setup correctly. if servername.com/index.php/admin works, but servername.com/admin doesn't, then you have a rewrite issue.
It could conceivably also be that the base_url is not configured for the right server. Did you change it when you moved the database over? See my answer at this post for details.
Can, VerbEdit. can (third-person singular simple present can, present participle -, simple past could, past participle (obsolete except in adjectival use) couth). can (third-person singular simple present can, present participle -, simple past could, past participle (obsolete except in adjectival use) couth) (auxiliary verb, defective) To know how to; to be able to.
CAN, Word forms � 1. countable noun A can is a metal container in which something such as food, drink, or paint is put. � 2. verb [usually passive] When food or drink is� can (someone) To summarily dismiss or oust someone from employment; to fire someone. Management promptly canned the new accountant after his miscalculation cost the company hundreds of thousands of dollars. They'll can me if they ever find out I came into work drunk yesterday.
can, can 2. (kăn). n. 1. A usually cylindrical metal container. 2. HANGZHOU, China, Aug. 04, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Canaan Inc. (NASDAQ: CAN) ("Canaan" or the "Company"), a leading high-performance computing solutions provider, today announced that the terms of
Can definition and meaning, Create beautiful designs with your team. Use Canva's drag-and-drop feature and layouts to design, share and print business cards, logos, presentations and more.
- Can you describe the specific error you're having?
- After installation, I solve it by clearing cache
- Check here, same problem you are facing: magento.stackexchange.com/questions/85958/…
- I think it's not good to change the code just to be able to login. as you can see you are commenting either the domain, secure or httponly options. you can easily just change that on your database: update core_config_data set value = 1 where path like '%cookie_http%'; update core_config_data set value = NULL where path like '%web/cookie/cookie_domain%'; update core_config_data set value = 0 where path like '%web/secure/use_in_adminhtml%';
- Can you update the answer for Magento versions > 1.3? wiki.magento.com/display/m1wiki/…
- I'd recommend creating a custom module and overriding the function in there, don't directly edit core code
- I didn't delete it just updated for my domain, worked a charm.
- I didn't have an entry, but when I added one it started working, I think its because I'm hosting it on a VM on port 8080 instead of port 80.
- Thanks for your response! The problem is that there is no real error aside from the fact that it's not letting me log in. It's definitely not the base_url as I've checked in the magento_core_config_data table and it's got the staging link in there. It's also not the rewrite issue because I can see the page when I go to /admin without index.php at the end (I did try anyway just for good measure). It just ends up on the login page every time I click login. The only difference occurs when I deliberately put in the wrong login info, in which case it tells me I got the wrong username or password.
- Surprisingly, that was the right thing to do in my case too ; thanks for the tip!