How do I fix an "Invalid license data. Reinstall is required." error in Visual C# 2010 Express?
how to fix anything
how to fix broken things
how to fix stuff
how to fix things around the house
how to fix keyboard keys on laptop
how to fix phone
I've tried to install Visual C# 2010 Express edition onto my PC, but whenever I try to run it, I get a error message.
Invalid license data. Reinstall is required.
I've already tried reinstalling it, and the message persists.
OS is Vista Home Premium. I already have
VC# 2008 Express installed.
This worked for me on Vista. It's based on work-around at MS: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/520110/invalid-license-data-reinstall-is-required
Download subinacl command line tool http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=en
Run these commands:
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Licenses /setowner=everyone
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Licenses /grant=everyone=f
Start VS 2010 Express again and this time it asks for a license key.
(On Windows 7 Home I had to run the above commands twice before they worked correctly)
How To Fix Your iPhone Screen Yourself, A CNBC reporter recently broke the screen on his iPhone and decided to replace it himself using Duration: 2:03 Posted: Aug 1, 2018 Diseases, bugs, lightning strikes, too much water, too little water, old age, physical damage, etc. etc. This list goes on and on for all the maladies that might befall that beloved tree in your
I am using Visual Studio 2013 and I have the same issue but it occurs when I try to open a solution that was made using Visual Studio 2010.
The solution for me is to open the solution file (.sln), using notepad and change this line:
[# Visual Studio 2010]
[# Visual Studio 2013]
5 Ways To Fix YouTube, Click here to Tweet the CEO of YouTube ➡ http://ctt.ec/j5fxd Subscribe For More Videos ➡ http://bit.ly Duration: 10:35 Posted: Mar 21, 2016 Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, right click the Windows button, and then select Command Prompt (Admin). If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow or Yes. Type the following command, and then press Enter.
I just right-clicked, and opened with Visual Studio XXXX (in my case 2015). Then save it. Done.
How do I fix a broken laptop key or put it back on?, Fixing a loose keycap. Laptop keycap, key pad, and key retainer. Unlike a desktop key, each key on a laptop keyboard may have three� Find Refrigerator parts and repair help with Fix.com. We offer genuine replacement parts along with step-by-step repair and same-day shipping.
I have the same problem with Windows 7 Pro. Have tried everything suggested by the Microsoft people, including uninstalling, cleaning up, reinstalling both from the web installer and the VS2010 Express iso - with the same result every time.
To say it's frustrating is an understatement and the disinterest from Microsoft in fixing what appears to be a common problem (you can find lots of search engine 'hits' for the problem, none for a solution) is quite unbelievable.
Since this is virtually a virgin Win7 install, the only conclusion is that MS have broken their licesing checks again (why check for a license on a free product?).
Edit: Following further investigation I have concluded that the advice given by Microsoft is useless and does not attempt to diagnose the problem. It simply assumes a corrupt installation source. I believe that the problem is in fact corrupt permissions/ownership of registry keys. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Licenses and subkeys needs to be owned by SYSTEM with admins having full access. On my affected system the owner cannot be displayed and no permissions are shown when viewed by admin.
I don't have the definitive fix for this so far, as I cannot adequately edit the permissions for the affected registry keys.
Re-installing Windows is an almost certain fix, but also an extremely drastic one.
Fix a Problem | Facebook Help Center, Fix a Problem. How do I report that something isn't working on Facebook? This process is for reporting something on Facebook that isn't working correctly, like a � If a Startup Repair didn't do the trick, or the problem you're trying to fix isn't related to Windows starting properly, then Reset This PC is your next best bet. Reset This PC in Windows 10 & 8: A Complete Walkthrough
I have had this EXACT problem with VS2010 Professional Trial / Evaluation download. I can provide clear and concise steps to reproduce:
- Set your system clock ahead by 1 day (oops!)
- Install the trial software.
- Set your system clock back to the correct date.
- Start VS2010, you will receive the vague message indicating "Invalid license data. Reinstall is required."
In my case, the resolution was quite simple - set the clock back ahead to the wrong date. The next day, I was able to set the clock back to the correct date and continue using the product.
Based on other answers to this question, it would appear there are numerous reasons that you could receive this message. This specific issue is most likely to be encountered by someone with a "virgin" install of Windows since it is not so difficult to set the clock incorrectly when setting up a new computer and then fix it later (and if you fix the clock hours after installing the product, it might be hard to put it all together and realize what happened).
Hope this helps someone else.
AC Repair: How to Troubleshoot and Fix an Air Conditioner (DIY , AC not working? Save big bucks - troubleshoot and fix AC problems yourself! Learn how to fix an air conditioner with Family Handyman. (Pictures and step by� Fix definition is - to make firm, stable, or stationary. How to use fix in a sentence. Synonym Discussion of fix.
Fix an installed Android app that isn't working, Try the following steps if an app installed on your phone has any of these problems: Crashing. Won't open. Won't respond. Isn't working properly. If the app that� Fix.com is a one-stop source for fixing products in and around your home. Millions of quality OEM replacement parts, repair videos, instructions, and same-day shipping available!
Fix an installed Android app that isn't working, Try the following steps if an app installed on your phone has any of these problems: Crashing. Won't open. Won't respond. Isn't working properly. If the app that� Instead of fix-it tools, Windows 10 uses troubleshooters to help you solve problems with your PC. To run a troubleshooter: Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot , or select the Find troubleshooters shortcut at the end of this topic.
Yes, you can fix a broken phone during the coronavirus lockdown , Apple support has a few different options for you. Screenshot by Jason Cipriani/ CNET. Fixing a broken iPhone. If your iPhone isn't physically� PC and laptop screens become stuck when a key command is accidentally pressed, the display settings are changed, or the device is connected to an external display. If the screen display on your Windows PC or laptop is stuck sideways or upside down, solve the issue with either a keyboard shortcut or a few mouse clicks.
- I succeed with Win 10_64 bit when I install SSDTSETUP.EXE 1,6 GB
- Please refer below link ==> stackoverflow.com/a/59577394/11701617 !!!!!!
- even I have the same problem.. but granting rights to the registry to everyone is not the right way, I feel..
- Check your clock before you do the above. If the clock is wrong, and you are using a trial it foobars the license.
- Granting everyone full access to the key is not a good idea even if it does work.
- @reece , I am running VS 2015 on a Win 10 box. When I attempt to run the commands in step 2. - it says can subinac1 is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet. Please advise!
- If you have a newer version of Visual Studio, it's usually better to open the file through (this newer version of) Visual Studio (instead of double clicking the .sln file), because it will then perform the necessary conversion (upgrade) to the newer file format (which might be more than just replacing the version number).
- But I didn't get what is the Visual Studio Version Selector trying to do. I have never had the Visual Studio 2010 installed (I have 2013 and 2015), so what exactly is it trying to run? Dialog which it opens says "Visual Studio 2010 Shell".
- Same solution worked on VS2019 with text [# Visual Studio 2019]
- Not sure why this was down-voted. Had the exact same error and this fixed it?? No need to open up notepad and change something manually like the top rated answer either!
- You shouldn't post an answer if you can't actually answer the question. I know it's frustrating not being able to do anything (other than ask or answer questions) until you've used the site for a while, but Stack Overflow is a Question and Answer site, not a discussion forum.
- Welcome, Bill. You'll find many veteran users of this site are somewhat intolerant of newbies who don't know the "rules". Not to worry, just learn them. Join meta and study up. Start here: meta.stackexchange.com/questions/54329/…
- Thank you for the welcome and advice. It has been noted. Let me therefore put some meat on the bones: the advice given by Microsoft is useless and does not attempt to diagnose the problem. It simply assumes a corrupt installation source. I believe that the problem is in fact corrupt permissions/ownership of registry keys. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Licenses and subkeys needs to be owned by SYSTEM with admins having full access. On my affected system the owner cannot be displayed and no permissions are shown when viewed by admin. I don't have the definitive fix for this (yet!).