Synaptics custom gestures for Windows using registry
precision touchpad registry settings
synaptics pointing device driver download
gesture software for windows 10
synaptics clickpad driver
hp synaptics touchpad driver windows 10 64-bit download
how to disable two finger tap right click
I am a huge fan of mouse gestures and the ones introduced in Windows 10 are great.
However, I used to be able to use three-finger swipe right/left as back and forth gestures in my browser in Windows 8.1 and now the same gesture is used for task switching. I can install the old drivers, but then I will loose the three-finger swipe up gesture to show all windows open.
I use a Synaptics ClickPad which can detect up to four fingers.
Is is possible to change the registry to enable to following gestures:
- Three finger left/right: Back/forth in browser
- Four finger left/right: Switch between Virtual Desktops
For instance, switching between Virtual Desktops is using the key combination CTRL + WINKEY + RIGHT/LEFT ARROW. How do I apply this combination to the registry?
Synaptic Custom Gestures for Windows Using Registry, Watch this video to learn how to reverse the "4-finger swipe desktop" gesture on windows. This Duration: 1:47 Posted: Jan 30, 2020 Synaptics Touchpad Gestures registry modifications Help As with everyone else who has been cursed by Synaptics with the terrible Windows 10 touchpad driver, I've encountered plenty of issues after moving into Win10.
I created a reg file starting from chupasaurus answer.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\*edit here*\3FingerGestures] "ActionID1"=dword:00000017 "ActionID3"=dword:00000019 "ActionID5"=dword:00000018 "ActionID7"=dword:0000001A [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPPlugIns\SynTP\23] "KeySequence"=dword:000000a6 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPPlugIns\SynTP\24] "KeySequence"=dword:000000a7 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPPlugIns\SynTP\25] "KeySequence"=dword:3A115b25 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPPlugIns\SynTP\26] "KeySequence"=dword:3A115b27
It works for me, just find out the proper name of your folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP*this-one*.
Mine is a 5 years old laptop, its not fluid, and sometimes it opens the windows menu for no reason. I cannot ask more but other solutions are welcome.
Synaptics custom gestures for Windows using registry , To customize swipe behavior, you should dig in registry. Action settings are stored in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPPlugins\SynTP\ Tap gestures with Synaptics drivers Download TwoFingerScroll and run it. The app doesn’t have to be installed and it will run in the system tray. Click the app’s system tray icon and select Settings from the menu to configure the gestures.
The original answer didn't work on my Windows 10 HP Spectre but azote's answer led me to the solution.
I modified actionid's 3 and 7 under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Win10\3FingerGestures
Then restarted with the powershell command from chupasaurus (below) and voila! Works like a charm and the 3 finger up and down swipes still work too.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Win10\3FingerGestures] "ActionID3"=dword:00000018 "ActionID7"=dword:00000017 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPPlugIns\SynTP\23] "KeySequence"=dword:000000a6 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPPlugIns\SynTP\24] "KeySequence"=dword:000000a7
Run PowerShell as Admin:
Stop-Service "SyntpEnhService"; kill -name SynTPEnh; kill -name SynTPHelper; Start-Service "SynTPEnhService"
Synaptics custom gestures for Windows using registry, Synaptics custom gestures for Windows using registry. precision touchpad registry settings synaptics touchpad driver multiswipe synaptics pointing device driver MultiSwipe supports most modern touchpads, including Synaptics, Elan, Windows precision touchpads and Asus touchpads and all touchscreens. Great app! I finally found a program that would let me define custom keys for my gestures.
Confirming this actually worked on Windows 10 HP Spectre with Synaptics driver v220.127.116.11. For the *editme* flag I had to use the "TouchPadSMB2cTM3257" option (TouchPadPS2TM3257 was also installed but did not work)
My contribution (just setting navigate back and forth):
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\*editme*\3FingerGestures] "ActionID3"=dword:00000018 "ActionID7"=dword:00000017 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPPlugIns\SynTP\23] "KeySequence"=dword:000000a6 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPPlugIns\SynTP\24] "KeySequence"=dword:000000a7
Do set the "current user" part in the correct user hive :-)
How to edit registry to allow three finger swipe to swipe to other , Do it only if you understand what you are doing :) http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31796611/synaptics-custom-gestures-for-windows-using-registry. --. OR. --. Enabling advanced Touchpad features with registry #1 Post by TPFanatic » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:16 am Backstory: I realized there was something screwy when my Z60m's Windows 7 environment, cloned from my T410, had advanced Synaptics touchpad features: two finger scrolling, Chiral scrolling, and Application gestures visible and enabled in the user
How to map changing browser-tabs to 3-finger swipe left and right
This isn't so much an answer for the first question (as I feel that's been sufficiently answered), but some information for future reference and others who may want to do the same thing:
ChromeOS has a feature I like of using 3-finger swipe to change between tabs. I spent a few days googling around before I realized all the information I needed was in the comments here.
I didn't change the behavior of 3-swipe up or down, so I only editted ActionID3 and 7. In
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPPlugIns\SynTP\25 I changed
20001122 (2-key combo of ctrl+Page Down), and similarly
20001121 (ctrl+PageUp). I was going to use ctrl+tab and ctrl+shift+tab, but none of the pre-existing macros used the tab key so I was unsure what its keysequence-value would be.
With these edits, I then changed
19 (25 in hex) [i.e. swipe-right = ctrl+Page Down] and
1A (26 in hex) [i.e. swipe-left = ctrl+Page Up] under the registry entry
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\ <Your trackpad> \3FingerGestures]
Hopefully someone else finds this useful!
How to customize 'Precision Touchpad' settings on Windows 10 , In this guide, we show you everything you need to know to customize the The ability to use gestures with a touchpad can be useful to improve your Updates settings or permanently using Group Policy and Registry. Download this app from Microsoft Store for Windows 10. See screenshots, read the latest customer reviews, and compare ratings for Synaptics TouchPad Control Panel.
Synaptics custom gestures for Windows using registry -, i huge fan of mouse gestures , ones introduced in windows 10 great. however, used able use three-finger swipe right/left , forth gestures in Enable and Configure or Disable Specific MultiFinger Gestures for Synaptics Touchpad in Touchpad Settings 1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon. 2 Click/tap on Touchpad on the left side, and click/tap on the Additional settings link under Related settings on the right side. (see screenshot below)
Synaptics custom gestures for Windows using registry -, to customize swipe behavior, should dig in registry. action settings stored in hklm\software\synaptics\syntpplugins\syntp\ , each key's name id. I use the trackpoint much more than the touchpad, which I only use for scrolling (chiral and two finger), middle button click (with three fingers) and for Windows 8 gestures. I don't know why you say this driver had much more features when it actually seems to have less and cripples the trackpoint.
Hottest 'synaptics-touchpad' Answers, Sign up or log in to customize your list. Prevent Windows 10 from installing/updating a specific driver? by doing the following: Use regedit to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPEnh\ZoneConfig\Win10\4FHorizontal Windows 10 3 finger touchpad swipe gestures don't work after wakeup. HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10) This document pertains to HP notebooks using Windows 10. A TouchPad or ClickPad is a pointing device with a touch-sensitive surface located on the palm rest of the notebook.
- This is simply perfect. I managed to get the browser back/forward to work, exactly as you explained. However, I dont have any ActionIDs under 4-finger gestures, only PluginIDs. Also, how do you know which hexadecimal numbers correspond to the specific key combinations? Or which ActionID represents each gesture? Thank you very much!
- You could try to create missing ActionIDs in user's settings, but they couldn't work if device doesn't support corresponding gestures. About keys: I just compared actions with descriptions, also saw that 3-key combos are done with 0x30 or 0x33 as first byte, but 0x33 acted strange (it adds Enter press in some apps I tried like Explorer and console). Key codes for Windows
- Inside the 4FingerGestures folder, I tried to replicate the missing ActionIDs without luck. I can see 4FingerTap by looking under the root directory (where 4FingerGestures-folder is placed). This might mean that my touchpad can detect up to 4 fingers, but not detect actual 4 finger swipes. In regards to the key combos, I have actually noticed that even the 0x30 adds Enter. This is evident in Notepad as well.
- I might have figured out why it keeps adding Enter, regardless of what 0x3* number is used. I changed ActionID11 (Tap according to you) from 0x60 (96) to 0x14 (20). 0x14 is the "Page Down"-plugin. I changed the KeySequence from 0x22 to 0x3A, which is an undefined virtual key. As far as I can tell, this works flawlessly. I haven't experienced anything different in changing the Tap to do nothing.
- I did notice however, that when switching between desktops, the window on the previous desktop are still in focus. So if I have Skype opened, switch windows and immediately type something on the screen, the text will show up on Skype instead of on the current desktop. Anyone knows how to avoid this?
- I should add that for unknown reasons it stops working after the laptop goes into hybernation.
- I have the same problem after closing the lid on my laptop. A quick fix is to to go Task Manager and end the task "Synaptics Touchpad 64-bit Enhancements". The task should automatically restart and the gestures should work again.
- @Reos How do i reverse the swipe gestures? I want to swipe right to go back and swipe left to go forward.
- Thanks for this - I missed the 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER' part for the 3FingerGesture - there is the same registry in HKLM, which is confusing. I can't believe Windows users have to do all this to get something so simple to work. :/
- I start to hate win10 even more than 8. Did not think that could ever be possible - thanks Microsoft for teaching me