"Server Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost failed to start" without stack trace while it works in terminal
So got this project which worked just fine before the weekend (have other problems, but at least Tomcat launched). Now when I try to launch the Tomcat server it immediately gives the following error:
Server Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost failed to start.
However, I can start Tomcat just fine via Terminal, and this problem is occurring in Eclipse (Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers. Version: Juno Service Release 1 Build id: 20121004-1855)
I scoured several forums trying to find a solution but to no avail! Please help someone out in need.
The problem could be annotations in your servlet(s), see if you are using annotations for URL patterns for your servlets.
Try to change the project facet (Dynamic web project ) version to 2.5 and define all your servlet entries in web.xml this should solve the issue.
you can change project facet version in eclipse by changing it in project properties-->search for "facet" in the search box change the Dynamic web project facet version to 2.5
Create New Project and Import all files to the new project.it worked for me....
I fixed this problem by right clicking on tomcat server in Server tab and click "Clean Tomcat Work Directory"
- post the full stacktrace error?
- @ILLA there is none. Just that. Which is the strangest thing about it...
- Nice question, The strangest error I had ever encounter. Mime was happened in Fedora 17. The eclipse is download from Fedora repo.
- Solved by deleting specific folder in Servers folder, removing Server in Eclipse, and then creating new Server in Eclipse (Server tab)
- This is one of the common problem a developer face, from my experience I can advice that most of the time error is because of the web.xml file . Try to remove few newly created servlet and servlet-mapping tags .