Where in the HTML file should Jquery and Bootstrap be placed?
how to link downloaded bootstrap in html
Introduction � Bootstrap, Easy to use: Anybody with just basic knowledge of HTML and CSS can start using Bootstrap Also, most CDN's will make sure that once a user requests a file from it, it will be However, if you just use the CSS part of Bootstrap, you don' t need jQuery. of the page, along with the lang attribute and the correct character set:. Even if you are using the downloaded bootstrap file, you have to include jquery.min.js and popper.min.js before loading bootstrap.min.js 3. Using package managers
Bottom is best to place all your script references at the end of the page before
</body>.It should look like below in normal page.
You can decorate your script tags with the
defer attribute so that the browser knows to download your scripts after the HTML has been downloaded:
<script src="demo_async.js" async></script>
When present, it specifies that the script will be executed asynchronously as soon as it is available.
If you need script to access in page for use then script need to available before using it. Although it need to be sure the browser support defer="defer". Async is supported by all major browsers.
Style css need to present in top
<Head> to access in page.
It really depends on what you want to achieve, but generally JS is placed at the bottom and CSS in your head section. Make sure that jquery library loads before Bootstrap's JS library and your custom css file loads after Bootstrap's CSS, so it will override. You can load Bootstrap's CSS from their CND (or others, like cloudflare - for example http://cdnjs.com/libraries).
Make sure you minify all that & activate compression and you shouldn't experience any performance issues.
Advanced technics imply using the most important part of your CSS in your head area, then send the rest of the CSS in the bottom area. Or have your whole static content (CSS + JS) hosted on a CDN.
Bootstrap 4 Get Started, Bootstrap is a popular CSS framework of prewritten stylesheets designed to CDNs, or content delivery networks, are code files hosted on the web that you can include in your project. Using a CDN is the fastest way to get set up with Bootstrap. Simply include the code above in your HTML head element and you will be� Topic: Where should the MDB js files be placed so the MDB.Select will work firstname.lastname@example.org pro premium asked 11 months ago 0 0
- To override bootstrap styling, you should place your css after bootstrap. So I don't understand..
- Ohhhhh, thank you very much.
- This is true, but please also explain why this is best practice. The OP asks not only how to do it best but also why a certain solution is the preferred one.
- @connexo most frameworks such as jQM are happy to be placed in the head of a HTML document. Bootstrap does not. very good question you asked, why?
- Thank you very much for the template. I get confused when people use all different methods and advise differently. This helped me greatly :)
- @Mlbliner all you have to do is visit the getting started page in boostrap and click on any of the demos to view and then the page source. They all have bootstrap js files at the bottom of the document. getbootstrap.com/getting-started
- The "defer" attribute has mixed support. This may or may not be OK depending on the range of web clients you need to support. See caniuse.com/#feat=script-defer