Clear text area
clear textarea jquery
clear input field jquery
remove text from textarea
In Onselect event I have script:
I want clear text area id="vinanghinguyen_images_bbocde" before add value to it. but textarea add add add add and value and not clear. I want clear it before add value
I use uploadify here is my function
When you do
$("#vinanghinguyen_images_bbocde").val('');, it removes all the content of the textarea, so if that's not what is happening, the problem is probably somewhere else.
It might help if you post a little bit larger portion of your code, since the example you provided works.
The problem with using
for that matter is that it will only erase what was in the original DOM sent by the server. If a user clears it and then enters new input, the clear button will no longer work. Using
.val('') handles the user input case properly.
Clearing text from input and textarea fields, Hi, I'm trying to clear the text from input and textarea fields once I've handled it so that when the page (or div) containing them is reloaded the Stack Overflow for Teams is a private, secure spot for you and your coworkers to find and share information. How to clear text area with a button in html using
This method removes not only child (and other descendant) elements, but also any text within the set of matched elements. This is because, according to the DOM specification, any string of text within an element is considered a child node of that element.
Reset textarea - JSFiddle, To clear the entire input field without having to delete the whole thing manually Or input type = "text" onfocus = "this.value=''" value = "Click here to clear" >. A text area can hold an unlimited number of characters, and the text renders in a fixed-width font (usually Courier). The size of a text area is specified by the <cols> and <rows> attributes (or with CSS).
How to clear text fields - Axure RP 9, Hi, I want to clear the text field in the web using type into activity, also I don't have any intention to type it over. Just I want to clear the text fields Hi, you can do one thing,one cancel button click button event you can write a logic like to clear textarea == null
- Which version are you using? It works fine for me. jsfiddle.net/MD33Z
- Hi,select an answer from the 9 answers you have so far, or post an answer if you found the solution so we can benefit from your question. Thank you.
- Technically, this clears the textarea and adds a space back into it.
- Thanks for negging my answer even though its the only one with a working fiddle and it is indeed still correct. Perhaps you should try going to the fiddle and swapping text to val and watch it break after the first change before incorrectly negging answers
- I didn't neg it. I don't know who did. I was just giving an explanation as to why someone might have.
- Fair enough, did you try the fiddle yet? since it does break my answer is still correct
- That's interesting. Using .val('') seems to break your fiddle, but it doesn't make the text area "stop working". If you type in the text area, it works, and you can get the value from it for a form. Apparently you just can't append to it.
- Maybe you can explain it? Don't just answer, learn to explain everything.
- Actually it's
document.getElementById("id_goes_here").innerHTML = "";# is a jQuery selector. But good job on posting the native JS version.