APC - Unable to load dynamic library
Here is what I have in my PHP.ini:
extension=php_apc.dll ... [APC] apc.enabled = 1
I'm running Apache 2.0.59, PHP version 5.2.3 on Windows Server 2003.
I've already installed XDebug compiled with vc6. Thus, I got the APC version 5.2 vc6. Here are both filenames that I downloaded (and put the *.dll in php/ext/).
I got them here.
I've tried rebooting the server and in both cases, I get the following error:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './ext/php_apc.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
Try using the full drive letter and path to
; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside. ; http://php.net/extension-dir ; extension_dir = "./" ; On windows: extension_dir = "C:\somedir\php\ext"
And restart Apache after making the change.
(It might very well be something else, but this is the first thing I check on Windows systems -- those pesky filepaths.)
Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library apc.so, You are trying to compile the extension with a PHP version where IS_CONSTANT_INDEX and IS_CONSTANT_ARRAY C constants are no longer available. Few links of manually create apc.so was there but I can't make the file (using make command). I am afraid whether I am heading to right direction.. your help is highly appreciateed!
- First, I went here
- Then, I downloaded Collection of PECL modules for PHP 5.2.3
- Then, I extracted the php_apc.dll file and copied it in the ext/ folder
- Restarted Apache
- It works!
PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20100525 , If you are not planning to use APC then this can be safely removed from your PHP configuration. First, find your php.ini file and edit it. Find "apc"� While installing the PHP APC opcode cache, I just ran into the following error: PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './apc.so' - ./apc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
To complete other answers:
Using the non thread safe (NTS) version of the DLL instead of the thread safe one solved the problem for me.
That is, only the NTS version was compatible with my WAMP installation.
Unable to load dynamic library 'apc.so' - CentOS, I am getting this error message. PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'apc.so' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/modules/apc� Find "apc" in the php.ini file, you should find a line that looks like this: extension=apc.so You can comment out this line by adding a semi-colon in front, e.g.;extension=apc.so If you cannot find the "apc.so" reference in your php.ini file, it could be included in a separate file.
You could check this:
Note: On Windows, APC needs a temp path to exist, and be writable by the web server. It checks the TMP, TEMP and USERPROFILE environment variables in that order and finally tries the WINDOWS directory if none of those are set.
SOLVED, SOLVED PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library. Thread starter Nile Youth; Start apc.enabled = 1 apc.shm_size = 128M. This error occurs when there is a extension= or zend_extension that is trying to load "apcu.so" however it cannot be loaded because it cannot be found. It's either in your php.ini file or in one of your custom defined configuration files or in the custom file that is generated for apcu.so which can be found here:
You have to be sure that the DLL has the correct architecture level. I had the same problem trying to load the file from php_apc-3.1.10-5.4-vc6-x86.zip. It didn't work, while the DLL from php_apc-3.1.10-5.3-vc6-x86.zip worked. I don't know how to find the right file without fiddling in the PHP repository though. HTH.
Last visit was: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:27 am: It is currently Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:27 am
[SOLVED] PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library Post by TrevorH » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:48 am There is no 'distributed Centos 6.4 version' of this package.
Unable to load dynamic library '/xampp/php/ext/php_bz2.dll' Then follow this steps just open your current_xampp_containing_drive:\xampp(default_xampp_folder)\php\php.ini in texteditor (like notepad++)
PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library for PHP folder Hot Network Questions Improving performance when ordering by a column of a joined table
- It didn't help, I got this: PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\php\\ext\\php_apc.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
- @TekiusFanatikus If php_apc.dll is really in C:\php\ext\ AND extension=php_apc.dll is uncommented as you show above, AND if you have other libraries in C:\php\ext\ and those libraries are also properly accounted for in php.ini and Apache & PHP startup just fine with those libraries enabled but not php_apc.dll, then that points to a problem with the library. Does everything else work?
- Yes, everything else checks out... recently installed Xdebug (vc6) without any issues (currently doing tracing with it too).
- Ok, well then I'm at a loss except to say that if you search for php_apc.dll here at StackOverflow, you will see a lot of questions, and the answers point to several idiosyncrasies between versions of APC, PHP, etc and the need to be very specific. Sorry I can't help you more.
- I downloaded a PECL archive for php 5.2.3 and the apc DLL included in there seems to work (no, error message thus far).