How can I disable notices and warnings in PHP within the .htaccess file?
I just want to only turn on PHP errors and disable all notices and warnings in PHP files.
It is probably not the best thing to do. You need to at least check out your PHP error log for things going wrong ;)
# PHP error handling for development servers php_flag display_startup_errors off php_flag display_errors off php_flag html_errors off php_flag log_errors on php_flag ignore_repeated_errors off php_flag ignore_repeated_source off php_flag report_memleaks on php_flag track_errors on php_value docref_root 0 php_value docref_ext 0 php_value error_log /home/path/public_html/domain/PHP_errors.log php_value error_reporting -1 php_value log_errors_max_len 0
How can I disable notices and warnings in PHP within the .htaccess , Find out how to enable and disable PHP error messages by using the display_errors directive in an .htaccess file with this guide featuring relevant code � Today we want to show you another solutions to turn off PHP errors, notices and warnings within .htaccess file. PHP errors, notices, and warnings may be turned off by adding the following code within a website’s .htaccess file: php_flag display_errors off
If you are in a shared hosting plan that doesn't have PHP installed as a module you will get a 500 server error when adding those flags to the .htaccess file.
But you can add the line
on top of your .php file and it should work without any errors.
How To Enable & Disable PHP Error Messages In .htaccess, Last month we released a post called How to disable notice and warning in PHP. ini file which show you how to turn off PHP errors, notices and warnings within� By default, PHP notices are turned off and are not displayed. Nevertheless, if you can see notices in your site, you can tell PHP to hide it. To turn this off, you can add this code to you PHP file, somewhere at the beginning of your code, e.g. to index.php:
php_value error_reporting 2039
How to turn off PHP errors, notices and warnings within .htaccess , prevent access to PHP error log <Files PHP_errors.log> Order allow,deny 8191 ”, which will enable logging of everything except run-time notices2. errors , refer to the Error Handling and Logging Functions page at php.net. If you only want to disable repeat errors from the same source or file, simply� You could instead override the values of PHP configuration file “php.ini” inside your code by using the ini_set function , which has two parameters , one of them is the name of the configuration value ” for example ‘display_error’ ” and the other is the value we want to set it to ‘ 0 or 1 as an example for display_error’.
Fortes is right, thank you.
When you have a shared hosting it is usual to obtain an
500 server error.
I have a website with Joomla and I added to the
The error line showed in my website disappeared.
Advanced PHP Error Handling via htaccess, Not getting notifications for PHP errors? PHP Error Reporting: How to Enable & Display All Errors / Warnings A PHP error occurs when there is an issue within the PHP code. The .htaccess file, which acts as a master configuration file, is usually found in the root How to Turn Off PHP Error Reporting. Instead you have to edit the wp-config.php file in the root folder and make sure that the WP_DEBUG is set to false. Otherwise you will get all those warnings and notices all the time.
ini_set('display_errors','off'); and it worked great.
How to Turn on PHP Error Reporting? Display all Errors and Warnings, The dot at the beginning means it’s hidden. If you’re using a file manager, you’ll need to edit the settings to see the hidden files. Open the .htaccess file for editing, and add the following: php_flag display_startup_errors on php_flag display_errors on. If these values are already listed, make sure they’re set to on. Save the file
I think that better solution is configuration of .htaccess In that way you dont have to alter code of application. Here are directives for Apache2. php_flag display_startup_errors off php_flag display_errors off php_flag html_errors off php_value docref_root 0 php_value docref_ext 0
Here replace this with “error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING “ (Show all errors, except for notices and coding standards warnings) Make sure you change the real enabled part of this , there are certain other examples given in the file. Restart your PHP + Apache. Now, no warnings and messages will appear in the browser.
To remove all errors, warnings, parse messages, and notices, the parameter that should be passed to the error_reporting function is zero. It would be not practical to have this line of code in each of the PHP files. It would be better to turn off report messages in the PHP ini file or in the .htaccess. error_reporting(E_NOTICE);
- possible duplicate of Turn off warnings and errors on php/mysql
- Remembet to never send an error_log file to a public access location.
- @glerendegui indeed, I am not suggesting this is best practice. Like the comment says for a simple development environment, not production its very handy to access the error log on your localhost||network.
- @glerendegui can you explain why not send an error_log file to a public access location?
- @Tarik error_log file may contain very sensitivy info about your app bugs. Leaving this file in a public environment looks very unsure. Anyone could try access yourdomain/error_log and access that info
- Does this also disable the error show in mysql ? can anyone post related hide show error from sql that php handles and shows.
- Nice! Can you please provide the logic behind the integer 2039?
- The value 2039 stands for E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE. Found that here: ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-debug
- when i put it in .htaccess it gives 500 internal error
- @RajeshPatel this works with mod_php but not php-fpm. With php-fpm you can use SetEnv PHP_VALUE "error_reporting = 2039"
- this is the only one that works. I have tried 20 different lines. This, works.
- Do you mean file wp-config.php? Where is that file supposed to be located?