Flask auto reload does not refresh browser
flask refresh page every minute
flask refresh page after post
how to make flask auto reload
python auto reload on change
flask index html not updating
hot refresh flask
pycharm flask auto reload
I've read a couple dozen threads on this issue and I cannot find a solution that has worked for me so any help you can provide for me to understand what is breaking the reloader is greatly appreciated. I'm still fairly new to dev (mainly worked in node, angular and django). I've done tests on mac and ubuntu, with both a minimal flask app and a large application setup via their docs, here is the simplest test of the various attempts I've made:
python3 -m venv virtualenv source virtualenv/bin/activate pip install flask vim server.py
from flask import Flask app = Flask(__name__) @app.route('/') def home(): return 'Hi'
wq and then back in terminal:
export FLASK_ENV=development export FLASK_DEBUG=1 export FLASK_APP=server.py flask run
now change the return statement string from 'hi' to 'hello' and nothing changes until I hit refresh on the browser. Importantly, the server does announce that there was a change - it just doesn't reload the browser. See output below:
(virtualenv) ➜ test git:(master) ✗ Flask run * Serving Flask app "server.py" (lazy loading) * Environment: development * Debug mode: on * Running on http://127.0.0.1:5000/ (Press CTRL+C to quit) * Restarting with stat * Debugger is active! * Debugger PIN: 297-732-354 * Detected change in '/Users/pb/Documents/code/projects/test/server.py', reloading * Restarting with stat * Debugger is active! * Debugger PIN: 297-732-354
I've tried this with template rendering, with alterations to css files, and like above with simple return statements. Thank you for any help you can offer me.
Flask detects the local file changes, but won't push the changes to your browser. Flask and the browser are fully de-coupled, Flask just stands there and waits for requests, it only responds if it receives a request. After
return 'Hello', the connection between the browser and Flask is going to be disconnected.
If you don't make a request to Flask, Flask can't send you the response.
Why doesn't flask reload when I change my code? It should , In 0.11 and 0.12 auto-reloading of templates does not seem to work if and restart the flask application, and refresh the browser page, to see Now when I change one of the application's python modules or jinja2 templates, flask still seems to detect it but when I refresh the browser page the change isn't there. I must now do a control-C and restart the flask application, and refresh the browser page, to see my change.
You can use https://github.com/lepture/python-livereload to create a livereload debug server which can auto refresh your browser.
Flask auto reload does not refresh browser, Flask detects the local file changes, but won't push the changes to your browser. Flask and the browser are fully de-coupled, Flask just stands Flask checks if the config ["TEMPLATE_AUTO_RELOAD"] is explicitly set. If not, Jinja's options ["auto_reload"] is set to app.debug. However, if you instantiate your Flask object then call app.run (debug=True) without loading a config, template auto reloading is not enabled (app.debug was False when the Flask app was instantiated).
I don't think the browser is supposed to reload the information by itself - you have to refresh the page for anything new to show up, unless you have built that functionality in with some sort of backend application.
How to automate browser refresh when developing an Flask app , Here on Stackoverflow most similar questions are related to the auto-reload of the Flask server (--> https://stackoverflow.com/search?q=flask+auto Flask file not updating on website For reference, I'm hosting my app through Digital Ocean on Ubuntu 16.04 running nginx. I used this tutorial to guide me through setting my application up.
Flask auto reload browser, Also, since it will be refreshed at fast rates, the script should not wait until page fully loads and ignore all browser errors. Auto Refresh Div Content Using jQuery Explore Our Help Articles. Dig into the knowledge base, tips and tricks, troubleshooting, and so much more. Firefox Browser; Firefox Private Network
Python: Auto Reload Using Flask - DEV, Tagged with python, flask, software, howto. First thing I wanted in this server was for it to auto reload on changes. The main difference is there is a little check to determine if the file is being executed itself or not. now created, then our breakpoints will work, with the benefit of reloading on changes! Win 10 (64 bit) File Explorer Does not Auto Refresh I just had an update by MS and now my autorefresh doesn't work on File Explorer. Searching on line I found notes about looking in CLSID for "dontrefresh".
Flask update page without refresh, Wouldn't it be convenient if there was to auto-refresh your browser at a Flask dynamic data update without reload page Details; Bio; Flask dynamic data So I made a quick prototype with flask only, it worked. But I needed to change the index rendering of dash to use jinja2 so I could put a context and load the worker only if hot-reload is enabled. This didn't take long and I had a working prototype of dash with hot-reload. I now plan to separate the integration of hot-reload into several
- It is standard behavior for the watchers I've worked with to reload the browser when they detect a change in the file. Does flask just not work in this manner?
- @AndrogenAgonist Flask and the Browser are fully de-coupled, Flask just stand there, and waiting requests, only response if it receive a request. In advance, after "return 'Hello'", the connection between Browser and Flask is going to disconnected
- at the risk of asking the stupid question, what separates this from the way django or nodemon refresh the browser when a change in the file is detected? It sounds like flask doesn't have a watcher in the sense I originally understood how a watcher functions.
- according to the anwser of post by @TimmyO'Mahony, it seems django doesn't have such a watcher, maybe you're looking for server-push or long-polling.
- yea, not sure which neurons were crossed, I think I've spent too long in angular where it will update without refreshing but that's obviously different, thanks everyone for all the help and kind feedback
- I have tried but did not succeed. Would you mind providing an executable example as Github Gist? I really tried several things (e.g. this --> gist.github.com/amontalenti/8922609) and searched half Google.
- see response on Bryan Yuan's answer - this is standard functionality with most dev environments I've run before - or at least a simple package install like if I'm working with node-sass and add a npm run watch:sass script. Is this just not a flask thing?