I have created a table in hive, I would like to know which directory my table is created in?
hive alter table
hive create partitioned table
hive msck repair table
hive create view
hive drop partition
hive show create table
I have created a table in hive, I would like to know which directory my table is created in? I would like to know the path...
DESCRIBE FORMATTED my_table;
DESCRIBE FORMATTED my_table PARTITION (my_column='my_value');
Hive Create External Tables and Examples, But if you don't want to specify the location than Hive managed table data will always You can have your data stored in HDFS in any other directory. in HDFS can be created as a Hive table without moving them into warehouse directory. o How to create a table in hive which should have all the dates from 1st Jan 2016 till today (01-01-2016 to 12-10-2016)? The table would have only one column i.e. the date column.
There are three ways to describe a table in Hive.
1) To see table primary info of Hive table, use describe table_name; command
2) To see more detailed information about the table, use describe extended table_name; command
3) To see code in a clean manner use describe formatted table_name; command to see all information. also describe all details in a clean manner.
Resource: Hive interview tips
Working with Hive and Impala Tutorial, Hive automatically adds two table properties: last_modified_by holds the username of the In this example, we are showing the default location that Hive would use, so a table in the default database will have its directory created directly in of an existing table: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS mydb.employees2 LIKE I am trying to create a table in hive 3.0 using the following schema i found online: CREATE TABLE tweets ( id BIGINT, created_at STRING, source STRING, favorited BOOLEAN, retweeted_status STR
You can use below commands for the same.
show create table <table>; desc formatted <table>; describe formatted <table>;
Spark SQL 2.x Fundamentals and Cookbook: More than 35 Exercises , The simplest syntax for creating a database is shown in the following example: While normally you might like to be warned if a database of the same name already exists At any time, you can see the databases that already exist as follows: It doesn't have a directory under /user/hive/warehouse, so a table in the default Create your first Table in HIVE and load data into it. Once you have access to HIVE , the first thing you would like to do is Create a Database and Create few tables in it. Before we start with the SQL commands, it is good to know how HIVE stores the data.
in hive 0.1 you can use
SHOW CREATE TABLE to find the path where hive store data.
in other versions, there is no good way to do this.
thanks Joe K
DESCRIBE FORMATTED <table> to show table information.
ps: database.tablename is not supported here.
Programming Hive: Data Warehouse and Query Language for Hadoop, Like Cloudera Impala, Apache Hive offers an SQL-type language called Hive QL that can be used to The functionality of Hive QL can be extended by creating user-defined functions (UDF), as you'll see in an example shortly. offer the opportunity to move raw data files from an HDFS directory into a Hive staging table. Hive: How to know the path of a created table? 0 votes. I have created a table in Hive and now I want to find the path for that table. How can I find the path? big-data;
To see the structure of table (using create statement)-
show create table table_name;
4. HiveQL: Data Definition - Programming Hive [Book], The general syntax for creating a table and specifying its columns is as follows: With the CREATE TABLE AS SELECT and CREATE TABLE LIKE syntax, you do For details about internal and external tables, see Overview of Impala Tables. path to the HDFS directory where Impala reads and writes files for the table. CREATE TABLE LIKE. Don’t confuse this with Create Table As(CTAS), because there is a difference between these 2 statements. If we use CTAS, it creates a table with the Select query output data, hence once after creating the new Table we will have the Data but if we use CREATE TABLE LIKE will not have a Data but the it will have exactly the schema details of alike Table from where it is created.
Big Data Made Easy: A Working Guide to the Complete Hadoop Toolset, In Hive 0.13 and later, column names can contain any A table created without the EXTERNAL clause is called a See Alter Table below for more information about Escaping is needed if you want to work with data A table can have one or more partition columns Create Table like External – Hive. to know about my experiences. Table and EMP_EXT is an External Table. Internal Table created a directory into HDFS as can
CREATE TABLE Statement | 5.8.x, For example, you can create an external table pointing to an HDFS directory, and For example, the default file format is text; if you want the new table to use the Once you have created a table, to insert data into that table, use a command See Compressions for Parquet Data Files for some examples showing how to In this post, we will discuss about hive table commands with examples. This post can be treated as sequel to the previous post Hive Database Commands. Hive Table Creation Commands Introduction to Hive Tables In Hive, Tables are nothing but collection of homogeneous data records which have same schema for all the records in the collection.
LanguageManual DDL - Apache Hive, See "Generating the Data Pump Files". Connect to Apache Hive and create an external table from the files. See The SQL CREATE TABLE statement has a clause specifically for creating external tables, in which you specify the You must have read and write access to a database directory in Oracle Database. Creating a managed table with partition and stored as a sequence file. The data format in the files is assumed to be field-delimited by Ctrl-A (^A) and row-delimited by newline. The below table is created in hive warehouse directory specified in value for the key hive.metastore.warehouse.dir in the Hive config file hive-site.xml.
- This answer is excellent... Thank you very much Joe... I can find every thing here about my table.
- This works very fine.. Any idea how we can see all partitions info in one command?
- What can I do to see that info for a table in the non default database. I can't provide the database in that command?
- confirmative.DESCRIBE FORMATTED <table> does work while SHOW CREATE TABLE does not work
- That looks very specific upon the installation/configuration, no ?
- this is exactly the question