AttributeError("module 'pandas' has no attribute 'read_csv'")
python import attributeerror
python custom exception
I am new to Python and I have been stuck on a problem for some time now. I recently installed the module
pandas and at first, it worked fine. However, for some reason it keeps saying
AttributeError("module 'pandas' has no attribute 'read_csv'").
I have looked all over StackOverflow and the consensus is that there is likely another file in my CWD with the same name but I believe I don't.
Even if I create a new project and call it, for example,
Firstproject.py, and immediately
import pandas as pd, I get the error.
I would appreciate the help. I can provide more info if required.
Your problem is this:
import pandas as pd
in your case didn't import the genuine pandas module, but some other one - and in that other one the
read_csv() function is not defined.
Highly likely you have in your project directory (or in your current directory) a file with the name "pandas.py".
And - highly likely - you called the
pd.read_csv() function in it.
Rename this file, and you will be happy again. (Highly likely.)
6. Built-in Exceptions, exception AttributeError ¶. Raised when an attribute reference (see Attribute references) or assignment fails. (When an object does not support The AttributeError in Python is raised when an invalid attribute reference is made, or when an attribute assignment fails. While most objects support attributes, those that do not will merely raise a TypeError when an attribute access attempt is made.
Your best bet is to type "pandas" in your console, and you will be able to see where your "pandas" name is originated from:
>>> pandas <module 'pandas' from '/some-path/site-packages/pandas/__init__.py'>
Python Exception Handling - AttributeError, The AttributeError in Python is raised when an invalid attribute reference is made, or when an attribute assignment fails. While most objects AttributeError: module 'asyncio' has no attribute 'coroutine' (Python 3.6.4) -1 AttributeError: Why does the module first imported not register as an attribute?
There might be possibility that you are using this name for your script as
read_csv.py hence pandas itself confused what to import, if or
csv.py then you can rename it to something else like
also remove any files in the path naming
Python: AttributeError, These errors yields to the program not executed. One of the error in Python mostly occurs is “ AttributeError “. AttributeError can be defined as an error that is raised this is my part of a code , whey it shows :AttributeError: 'numpy.ndarray' object has no attribute 'append' prets =  pvols =  for p in range (2500): weights = np.random.random(noa)
Here is the solution when you downloaded python its automatically download 32 you need to delete if you don't have 32 and go download 64 and then problem solved :)
Error Encyclopedia, Attribute Error. Attributes in Python. I usually think about attributes as nouns that belong to an object. For example, “the student has two eyes”. But in Python, an AttributeError: module 'tensorflow' has no attribute 'Summary' #9. Open palunel opened this issue Apr 23, 2019 · 1 comment Open
Why does this AttributeError in python occur?, This happens because the scipy module doesn't have any attribute named sparse . That attribute only gets defined when you import AttributeError: module 'torch.jit' has no attribute 'unused' #26608. Closed haruiz opened this issue Sep 21, 2019 · 12 comments Closed
Python AttributeError, AttributeError: module 'sortedcontainers' has no attribute 'SortedKeyList' #57. Open. KittyTechnoProgrammer opened this issue on Dec 16, Concrete exceptions¶ The following exceptions are the exceptions that are usually raised. exception AssertionError¶ Raised when an assert statement fails. exception AttributeError¶ Raised when an attribute reference (see Attribute references) or assignment fails.
AttributeError: module 'sortedcontainers' has no attribute, Learn what to do when a Python command in your Azure Databricks notebook fails with AttributeError. I usually think about attributes as nouns that belong to an object. For example, “the student has two eyes ”. But in Python, an attribute can also be an action that an object can perform—“The cat can jump ”. An attribute in Python means some property that is associated with a particular type of object.
- I suggest visiting How to Ask in order to get a better insight on how to ask a solid question. Additionally, some code, errors, and a slightly better explanation is necessary in order for others to offer you help (they 1st need to understand what the issue). Hang in there. You'll be great at this.
- Esketit... pls check answers given below if any of in the help.
- Edit your Question and show the full Traceback
- Hey pygo this is not the case.
- Hey pygo it happens even I use one line of code which is just to import pandas. ie. import pandas as pd
- ill upload a screen shot?
- @Esketit, sure that will help
- Sorry I cant it wont let me but i have this: Backend TkAgg is interactive backend. Turning interactive mode on. AttributeError("module 'pandas' has no attribute 'read_csv'") Stack trace: > File "c:\users(my name was here)\source\repos\what the hell\what the hell\what_the_hell.py", line 1, in <module> > import pandas as pd Loaded 'main' The program 'python.exe' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).