Change application's starting activity
oregon state major change
change major iu kelley
oregon state change of degree
I have created the meat and guts of my application but I want to add a different activity that will be the starting point (sort of a log-in screen).
1 I have a fairly decent handle on how to switch between activities (based on this article: http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7498) but I'm not sure how to go about creating a new one (with eclipse).
2 Once I have a new activity created, how can I set it as the default activity of my application? I presume I could just change the name of the classes...but is there a more elegant way to handle that (maybe within the
Yes, you use the
AndroidManifest.xml file. You can actually even have more than one launcher activity specified in your application manifest. To make an activity seen on the launcher you add these attributes to your activity in the manifest:
<intent-filter> <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" /> <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" /> </intent-filter>
Admissions Application Change Form, Use this form to make changes to term of admission, major, and/or campus location. Aside from the required fields, you only need to fill out the sections that need We understand that you would like to change the default application for files to open with. We will certainly help you. Kindly follow the steps from the link below to know how to change default apps in Windows 10: Change default programs in Windows 10 . Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to assist you. Thank you.
Go to AndroidManifest.xml in the root folder of your project and change the Activity name which you want to execute first.
<activity android:name=".put your started activity name here" android:label="@string/app_name"> <intent-filter> <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" /> <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" /> </intent-filter> </activity>
[PDF] Application Change Request Form, Grand Forks, ND 58202-8178. (ph.) 701-777-2784; (fax) 701-777-3619 admissions@gradschool.UND.edu. Application Change Request Form. Student ID (if How to Change File Associations in Windows XP. Go to Start > Control Panel to open Control Panel. Choose Appearance and Themes . You'll only see that link if you're using the Category View of Control Panel. If you're instead using the Classic Select Folder Options near the bottom of the window.
If you are using Android Studio and you might have previously selected another Activity to launch.
Run > Edit configuration and then make sure that Launch default Activity is selected.
Admission Application Change Form, MENU. CSU Mobile Brand Logo. Apply Now. Academics. Academics Home · Academic Calendar · Bookstore · Catalogs · Class Schedules DSS-5159: Foster Home Change Request Application Child Support Child Welfare Services Energy Programs Enterprise Program Integrity Control System (EPICS) Food and Nutrition Services Food and Nutrition Services Disaster Food Stamp Information System (FSIS) Users
<application android:icon="@drawable/YOUR_ICON" <!-- THIS ICON(IMAGE) WILL BE SHOWN IN YOUR APPS --> android:label="MY APP NAME " > <!-- HERE LABEL(APP NAME) --> <activity android:name=".application's starting activity" <!-- (.)dot means current dir, if your activity is in another package then give full package name ex: com.xxx.Activity --> android:label="LABEL FOR ACTIVITY " android:screenOrientation="portrait" > <intent-filter> <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" /> <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" /> </intent-filter> </activity>
Application Change Form, Saint Leo University students may visit this online form for application change requests. Submit your information today to expedite your request. CHANGE LICENSE LEVEL DESIGNATION: (complete sections 1, 3 and 6; principal broker must certify) - Return Original License OR Company License and Addendum . $25.00 1. APPLICANT’S FILE. NUMBER. FILE NUMBER (* VERY IMPORTANT. The application cannot be processed without this information.) 2. EMAIL ADDRESS EMAIL ADDRESS 3. CURRENT . NAME FIRST
Follow to below instructions:
1:) Open your
2:) Go to the activity code which you want to make your main activity like below.
such as i want to make SplashScreen as main activity
<activity android:name=".SplashScreen" android:screenOrientation="sensorPortrait" android:label="City Retails"> </activity>
3:) Now copy the below code in between activity tags same as:
<activity android:name=".SplashScreen" android:screenOrientation="sensorPortrait" android:label="City Retails"> <intent-filter> <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" /> <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" /> </intent-filter> </activity>
and also check that newly added lines are not attached with other activity tags.
Georgetown University Undergraduate Application Change, Please review our Application Change Request Form guidelines and then complete and submit the request form below. This is NOT a reply form. If you have any No application of a probationer, incarcerated person, or person for whom registration with the Sex Offender and Crimes Against Minors Registry is required shall be accepted unless the Court finds good cause exists for suchapplication under the reasons alleged in the application for the requested change of name.
Request to Change Application for Admission, Form to make changes to existing application for admission. Used to change or postpone starting semester, change major before admission or withdraw If you wish to change the type of business you are licensed for, you must submit a class change application. For example, if you applied as a restaurant but now wish to operate as a tavern or nightclub, that is a change in the type of business being licensed. Retailers and wholesalers can change their license classes.
Addition or Change of Program Application, Addition or Change of Program Application. This application is intended for current OU graduate students who meet one of the following criteria: are graduating Update your application by phone. Contact the Marketplace Call Center and a representative can help you update your application. Update your application with in-person help. Find someone in your community who can work with you to help make changes to your application. More Answers: How to make updates when your income or household changes
Change of Application or Admission Term, You must submit a new application. Steps for Changing Your Application or Admission Term. 1. Notify the Graduate College about your change of term plans. Change or correct information on your Social Security number record IMPORTANT: You MUST provide a properly completed application and the required evidence before we can process
- For anyone that doesn't know what the manifest this post is talking about, it is the AndroidManifest.xml in the root of your project. In Eclipse you can double click it and click the tab on the furthest right to edit the XML directly.
- great thanks. So by including that intent-filter node with it's child nodes, that makes whatever activity it's in the first one to load when the application starts?
- @Kyle it will make that activity appear on the launcher page, you can have multiple activities with this intent-filter giving you multiple icons on the homescreen.
- you mention this line "ou can actually even have more than one launcher activity specified in your application manifest".Which activity will first launch if we have more than one activity
- This is correct answer, but I just noticed something odd: if you change the starting Activity to anything else, and the original launched activity still exists, the SDK won't be able to launch your application anymore. Somehow it has a reference to the activity on the launch configuration. So after you do the above change, you also need to go to "Run" > "Debug Configurations", find your project's build profile, tab "Android", and change the launched activity to either the default or the correct one under "Launch:". Not sure why the default was deselected for me, but changing it back worked.
- if with this still doesn't work in Android Studio you have to click on the android icon(the one with the word app) and select "Edit configurations", then in the General tab, Activity section select "Launch default Activity"
- if in AndroidManifest.xml there's no intent filter for launcher, this is the solution.
- This is applicable for Eclipse too. Just specifying the intent filters is not enough. The intent filters are used if the APK is executed directly by the user, but if the APK is executed by Eclipse, that installs it, tries to launch a specific activity. This specific activity is specified in "Project properties" (right click on the project) -> Run/Debug Settings.
- This is amazing! Thanks for the tip
- you should remove <category android:name="android.intent.category.HOME" />
<category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />, that is the very thing that do work here
android.intent.category.HOMEis for use in a Kiosk-mode style application, where the default launcher is replaced. Using this without replacing the Launcher will result in a prompt during the start of SystemUI asking which launcher to use. Also see: stackoverflow.com/questions/22911156/…
- What effect does this have? Just Launching?